About Education Huntsville
The Board of Directors . Membership
General About us
Education Huntsville (formerly known as Huntsville/Muskoka Educational Society) is a not-for profit charitable organization established to enhance and promote educational opportunities with the Huntsville area (BN No. 848645743 RR 0001).
In 2002 Huntsville Town Council recognized Huntsville/Muskoka Educational Society as the Strategic Plan Implementation Team for Post Secondary Education. In 2003 the group changed their name to Education Huntsville to reflect the focus on the Huntsville area.
Education Huntsville brokered the establishment of a learning centre for Contact North 2002, a distance education service provider for audio and video-based post-secondary education. Unfortunately, Huntsville lost the Contact North learning Centre when Muskoka's Northern Ontario status was revoked.
In 2007, in partnership with a broad coalition of partners, Education Huntsville took the lead in commissioning and releasing Muskoka and Area Education and Training Needs Analysis April 2007
To ensure that members of our community have access to lifelong learning and educational opportunities within the Huntsville and surrounding area.
Education Huntsville's Mission and Vision are based upon the belief that:
- A well educated and trained population results in the development and retention of a quality workforce, the growth of new business and industry, and a positive, forward-looking community.
- Education Huntsville partnerships with business, industry, government, educational institutions and community members can facilitate
- Identification of education and training needs.
- Provision of education and training opportunities to meet those needs.
- As regional educational, training, and research opportunities evolve, Huntsville will become known as a 'learning destination' along with our popularity as a tourist mecca. The opportunity to combine learning and leisure will become another of the region's drawing cards.
Successful achievement of Education Huntsville's Mission will be indicated when:
- There is access to a wide variety of educational, training, and research opportunities and facilities within the Huntsville and surrounding area.
- Learning needs in the community are being met.
- There are procedures in place to identify and respond to educational, training, and research needs.
- There are partnerships between Education Huntsville and stakeholders representing community members, governments, business, institutions and organizations.
- All stakeholders are aware of educational opportunities in the area.
- Individuals and organizations within the Huntsville and surrounding area confirm the value of educational endeavours through involvement and support.
- The Huntsville area is recognized for its achievements in education, training, and research.
- Support the Town’s initiative to bring a post-secondary institution to Huntsville.
- Work to ensure that educational and training offerings in Huntsville and surrounding area are widely communicated.
- Promote community and school partnerships that increase learning opportunities for students.
Education Huntsville Learning Links